Sunday 9 October 2011

Lychee Granita - Gingerbabe Style!

After searching the whole of Brisbane, I came to the realisation that what I knew was actually true - Lychees are not in season!.... So to deliver on my promise (and craving) of a Lychee Granita I headed for the cans!


The result: STUNNING!  A definite crowd pleaser and looked FAB in my new Moroccan Tea Glasses!!




(don't be fooled by mint in picture... 
it just looked good 
...this recipe does not contain mint!)


Recipe:


- 2 Cans of Lychees - reserve appox 200ml of liquid
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime


Blend the Lychees, liquid and lime juice until well combined.
Strain, make sure you push as much pulp through the strainer as you can... this is your flavour!


Put in a dish (large enough so it is only 3-4 cm deep) and freeze.


Fork frozen sides into centre every 1/2 hour until it is fully frozen, (approx 2-3 hours) then you will probably be able to leave it to refresh when serving. If you have an ice cream shelf in your freezer as I do, it will stay forked and fluffy for days without fully freezing!


The flavour seems to develop as it freezes and every time you fork it over it tastes better and better!!


Next time I might ad some vodka to the mix or even some Gin.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm


Enjoy!




Signed: 


Ginger Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback and thoughts about my post.....
Feedback is a gift... Thankyou!